I'm late with this post. The long weekend has managed to confuse me completely! I do apologize for the delay in sharing this.
We stayed pretty close to home last week and made some progress with the planning ahead and making ahead adaptations required of a work week kitchen. My husband pitched in to help with the prep and even cooked a couple of the meals entirely by himself, which was a great help to me.
I'm not managing my schedule well enough to get to the grocery store much, which may be a blessing in disguise. It's certainly good incentive to make the best possible use of what we do have on hand!
Among my purchases when I did get to the grocery store was a large bag of broccoli from the manager's special cart. It needed to be cooked right away to prevent it from spoiling so I steamed it and it found it's way into several of our meals.
Here's what we ate last week:
Monday, May 14:
- Breakfast - Oatmeal and applesauce
- Supper - Cheddar broccoli soup, lettuce and tomato sandwiches on multigrain bread, fruit salad
Tuesday, May 15:
- Breakfast - (Slept in!) Bran muffins from MacDonalds, oranges
- Supper - Stir fry of spot prawns, carrots, bell peppers (from the freezer), onions, and broccoli in an orange ginger sauce, brown rice, canned peaches
Wednesday, May 16:
- Breakfast - Peanut butter, marmalade, and raisin sandwiches on whole wheat bread
- Supper - Broccoli, parmesan and black pepper frittata, steamed green beans (from the freezer), coffee mochas for dessert.
Thursday, May 17:
- Breakfast - Apple slices, brie, English muffins
- Supper - Potatoes, carrots, onions, and chicken thighs cooked in the slow cooker with mushroom soup, pound cake from the freezer.
Friday, May 18:
- Breakfast - Boiled eggs, English muffins, apples
- Supper - Veggie and corned beef hash, oranges
Saturday, May 19:
- Breakfast - Leftover hash, eggs
- Supper - Spaghettini with nettle pesto, shredded carrot and radish salad with red wine vinaigrette, canned pears
Sunday, May, 20:
- Breakfast - Yogurt, oatmeal with apples, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Supper - Curried chicken pies, red cabbage and carrot coleslaw with cider vinegar dressing, chocolate pudding.