Monday 23 July 2012

What We Ate July 16 - 22


Last week was kind of a challenging week for me.  My on-going health issues decided it was time to jump up and slap me in the face again, so I spent a fair bit of time in the doctor’s office.  I know it doesn’t help my health at all, but the time out from my routine caused me a fair bit of concern.  If I fall back on my schedule, it’s mighty hard for me to claw my way back forward, especially if I’m not feeling well.

I’m very fortunate that my husband is willing to pitch in and help, and that he’s a competent cook.  He prepared a lot of the meals this week.  It meant stepping away from our original meal plan a bit, but I think he coped very well.  We ate healthy meals made from we had on hand, with only a single trip to the store, for an item that we thought we had in stock but didn’t.

Our daughter and grandchildren came to dinner on Friday and, kids being kids, we decided to make a simple hot dog supper. The kids were well pleased, and my fella too.  (He enjoys a hot dog.)  I liked it because it was quick to put together, leaving us plenty of time to have a very pleasant visit even though it fell at the end of a work day.

Here’s what we ate last week:

Monday, July 16:


Tuesday, July 17: 
  • Breakfast – Oatmeal cooked with raisins, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon
  • Supper – Cream of vegetable soup, wheat thin crackers, leftover orange sorbet


Wednesday, July 18:


Thursday, July 19: 


Friday, July 20:
  • Breakfast – Almost whole wheat pancakes (from the freezer) topped with canned peaches left over from the night before.
  • Supper – Hot dogs on whole wheat buns, veggie and pickle platter, ice cream bars


Saturday, July 21:
  • Breakfast – Oatmeal and applesauce
  • Supper – Brown rice and pinto beans, salad of romaine lettuce, red onion, and shredded carrot with herb vinaigrette.  Cantaloupe for dessert.


Sunday, July 22:
  • Breakfast – Eggs Benedict, the rest of the cantaloupe from Saturday’s supper
  • Supper – Ham, baked potatoes, peas, corn, ranger cookies

4 comments:

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love these! now following
Xo Megan

Aunt B said...

Thanks Megan! Welcome. :) I'm following you too.

Jill said...

Looks delicious, especially that picture of the soup will have to try it. I'm praying you feel better soon!! Have a good week.

Blessings,
Jill

Aunt B said...

Thank you so much Jill. :) I hope you have a good week too.